[aprssig] Icom mic connector

Randy Allen - KA0AZS ka0azs at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 16 12:27:10 EDT 2005

Short answer, Yes

I'm using a pre made  MFJ TNC-Radio cable from my MFJ-1270 to my IC-2000H and it's been running for years.  It pulls receive audio from the speaker jack and transmit audi and PTT control from the mic plug.

You can roll your own by using CAT V network cable and RJ-45 plugs.

I took a short CAT V jumper that I salvaged and cut it in half to get 2 pre-wired "microphone" ends, and have used the digram in the manual and a multi-meter to pin out and build replacement mike and TNC cables.

Hope this helps

73

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 11:52 AM, Bob cutter wrote:

> Is there a good, read easy, way to input APRS stuff
> > into the modular mic connector on an IC-2000?
> >
> > This radio does not have a seperate rear panel input.
> >
> > 73, Bob KI0G

Randy Allen, KA0AZS