[aprssig] Suitable radios

Carlos Velazquez kp4ve at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 09:26:15 EDT 2005

I went through the same process. Initially had my TT3 with RS HTX-202, but switched to a Kenwood TM-241 that I got at a local hamfest.  Is small and is been in operation for several months now with good results.  I think any radio that you can get at a good price will do a good job.

Carlos,
KP4VE

Keith Kotch <kkotch at earthlink.net> wrote:

I want to replace the HT/amp arrangement I now have with a small mobile radio for a mobile APRS station.

The TNC  is  a KPC 3+.  Are there any current small-footprint (about the size of the tnc) mobile radios that shouldn’t be considered or some that work pretty well for aprs/packet?

Eventually I’ll most likely get a D700 but for now just a 2m mobile will suffice.

Keith, KF4BXT