[aprssig] APRS-IS Question

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Wed Aug 10 08:11:29 EDT 2005

Yes, that was a mandatory design criteria for filtered ports.  Also,
except for the special satgate servers which expect _one-way_ gating
only (RF to APRS-IS only), a server filter port will also gate any
messages bound to stations that your station has gated to APRS-IS.  This
gives proper IGate operation.

Note, however, that the IGate last-heard function is disabled on the
special satgate servers.  Those servers still do allow messages,
however, to pass destined for the connected client.  This is another
reason why you must use unique SSID's when connecting to APRS-IS just as
you must when operating on RF.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net