[aprssig] 9k6 telemetry

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Aug 5 12:03:51 EDT 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Phillip B. Pacier wrote:

> One option would be to introcude a default filter, say b/ISSTLM, on port
> 20150 that would send a few bytes tricling down to the clients
> automatically.  This would help defeat the cycling of the connections.
> Also, John, you can check your setting for connection time-out due to
> non-activity, or whatever it's called in Xastir.

It's hard-coded.  I just checked and it's on a five minute timer.

Recent Xastir's will do a quick disconnect/connect when they detect
no activity, so you won't end up missing much on the datastream.
Earlier ones did a 50% duty-cycle thing here, where the detect and
disconnect at one check interval, then reconnect at the next.  It's
always good to upgrade and doesn't cost a penny.