[aprssig] sat gate coverage for western alaska?

James Jefferson Jarvis jj at aprsworld.net
Thu Aug 4 08:52:33 EDT 2005

Group -

Later today I'm leaving for a week long bicycle trip around Nome, Alaska.
Are there any sat gates that will cover that part of the world? When I was
in Alaska in 2001 I had no problem regularly digipeating through ISS and
other satellites, but there was nobody on the other end to gateway the
signal to the internet stream.

Because I'm entirely bicycle based my equipment is confined to a
TH-D7A(G), Arrow Antenna, and E-Trex GPS. My ultimate goal is to get a few
posits into the internet stream and send a few tiny e-mail messages.

Thanks,

-James Jarvis KB0THN