[aprssig] Space antenna help

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Wed Aug 3 19:17:23 EDT 2005

Gents,

Making a Qudrifliar Helix for 145.800 MHz

I have tried before using copper pipe and got no where fast.

I have problems getting the shape right.

Is it suppossed to be x4 helix's offset by 90 deg ?

If you can imaging a childs slinky ?

i have built a helix for 70cm before, which was a matter of
just strtching the roll of wire out, long ways to form a
big spring shape.

So does this also apply to the quadrifilar helix ?

I have seen lots of web pages, it is the method that has got me

When you look "down" the axis, you see a circle ?

Cheers Andy VK4TEC