[aprssig] Charge controllers

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Fri Apr 29 16:55:06 EDT 2005

Well, speaking of charge controllers (I think we were speaking of them
here a few days ago), does anyone have a source for a simple charge
controller that I can use between an Astron P/S and a battery?  I'm
looking for an affordable backup power option - the West Mountain Radio
PwrGate is nice, but it's a bit pricey.  Many of the charge controllers
I'm finding on Google are of the variety for solar panel charging, and
are very expensive.  This is for a digipeater site that is subject to
power outages and needs battery backup.  The idea was to have the Astron
go through the charge controller to the battery, and the digi hooks
direct to the battery.  Thanks!

73
Phil Pacier - AD6NH
http://www.aprsca.net