[aprssig] Legality of APRS Tactical Callsign Use long after an Event is Over

Jason Creager jason at creager.com
Fri Apr 29 15:41:00 EDT 2005

On 4/29/2005 at 12:16 PM Phillip B. Pacier wrote:

>What do you mean "still" legal?

I meant "still" as in "still using tactical signs after the end of the
event" and not "still" as in "the way it used to be". Sorry if I wasn't
clear.

I couldn't remember for sure if the "should discontinue use of tactical
callsigns" bit in the closing script of a directed net was meant in a
regulatory or suggested sense and specifically how that applied to APRS.

Thanks for the clarification.