[aprssig] Telemetry - Options other than Kantronics?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Apr 28 16:47:38 EDT 2005

> A 14 V zener will work on a 5 watt panel. A regulator is not normally
> used on a 5W,
> It won't hardly charge anything anyway.

Yeah, I've heard you can get away without one up to 10W or so.  I seemed to
lose battery capacity fairly quickly and I was afraid I was overcharging the
battery, but I think I just got an old, tired battery to begin with.  Gotta
find a good source of SLA batteries around here - the electronics store has
them, but for the same price I can get a deep cycle marine battery at
Costco.

Scott, N1VG
http://n1vg.net/opentracker