[aprssig] Telemetry - Options other than Kantronics?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Apr 28 16:17:47 EDT 2005

> Here's a sample telemetry string:

Whoops, wrong key.

13.0V CNT00026 17C

That's showing a battery voltage of 13.0 volts, temperature of 17C, and 26
counted events.  I think in this case it's supposed to be repeater
transmissions.  It's just a generic TTL level input and will count events
since powerup or since the last transmission.

Using the configuration switching, it might even be possible to implement a
simple solar charge controller, so it'd disconnect the panel when the
voltage rises above a certain threshold and reconnect it when the voltage
drops a certain amount.  I haven't tried it yet, but I intend to test it out
on a weather station with a 5-watt panel that I wouldn't otherwise have a
real charge controller on.

> > The opentrac'er reads battery voltage.... price is right.... $30

$29 actually.  =]

Scott, N1VG
http://n1vg.net/opentracker