[aprssig] APRS and RF data modules

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Thu Apr 28 08:23:53 EDT 2005

can u get just 2m tx ?

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org
[mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]On Behalf Of Jason Winningham
Sent: Thursday, 28 April 2005 10:03 PM
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: Re: [aprssig] APRS and RF data modules

On Apr 28, 2005, at 4:02 AM, Andrew Rich wrote:

> Has anyone dabbled with APRS and these little data modules ?

I tried something similar (TX-FM AUDIO from Abacom
http://www.abacom-tech.com/) for an APRS transmitter with a D7 on the
receive end.  I chose this transmitter because it had audio inputs and
a matching amplifier to get the power up to (IIRC) about 0.5W.

The SAW stabilized oscillator wasn't very stable.  The frequency
drifted all over the place, and I didn't get too much data from it.  No
good for APRS.

If you use them in a TX/RX pair as intended, I have no idea how they'll
actually work.  I'd be interested to find out.

-Jason
kg4wsv