[aprssig] mUSB TNT new WIDEn-N Paradigm support.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Apr 27 12:58:48 EDT 2005

>>> sv2agw at raag.org 4/27/2005 12:29:03 PM >>>
>I have uploaded a firmware and a maintenance utility
>for the TNT (USB) digipeater...  <SNIP>
>2.If a packet has a higher n eg. WIDE4-4 then
>It digipeats... but replaces the path with DigiCall,QRT*.

George, That is great!
 But, now seeing it in actuality, I wonder if a
simpler trapping of big hops iis possible.  Why not
just decrement as normal, but if the N hop is too
large, then simply digipeat it, but flip the has-been-
digipeted bit to *.   THus a packet with a too-big
hop for this area would look like:

SV2AGW>APAGW,WIDE7-5*

and it will go no further?   In this example, the packet
began as a WIDE7-7 and entered this area which
desires a limit of 2 hops.  Thus, when it arrived as
WIDE7-5, it has already traveled 2 hops and was
trapped.  It was marked as all used up and will go
no farther.

I would think the coding is simpler also.  That is, whenever
"n" minus "N" is greater than this digi's own HOP LIMIT,
that it simply digipeats it ONCE and marks it as used up.
It goes no further.

SV2AGW>APAGW,WIDE7-3*

In this example, the packet traveled 4 hops to get here,
but because this digi has a hop limit of 2, it will be trapped
here at this digi by markign the * as being all used up.

This way, though, we do get to see the offending
packets and we do get to see how they originated...
And how they arrived here.

I think this will be a  good thing for all digi code..
I appologize if I had anything to do with the
QRT* idea and appear to have changed my mind...

de Wb4APR, Bob