[aprssig] Filter to obtain specific stations in a region

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Tue Apr 26 14:32:00 EDT 2005

No, there are no and/or operators in javAPRSFilter (or any other
operators except for negation).  All the filters are additive.  That
said, if you have a/57/-125/41/-104 in your filter, then you will get
all of the a and W stations which are in that region (making the s//a/W
filter not necessary) so I am not sure what you are trying to
accomplish.  If you only want a and W stations in that region (no
others), there is not an easy way to do this other than doing a negation
on all other symbols.

javAPRSFilter was designed to provide a limited feed to clients allowing
them to exist on lower bandwidth connections and slower machines.  It
was not designed to be a GUI filter which, I think, is what you are
asking for.  That was left to the individual client authors.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net