[aprssig] Deluo GPS Lite altitude limit

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Fri Apr 22 01:04:11 EDT 2005

I hooked the thing up to my bench supply and multimeter and let it run for a
few minutes.  At 5 volts, it jumped around quite a bit between 45 and 85 ma.
Can't say if it got a fix or not - the bench is pretty far from the window
and I couldn't get it where it had a clear view.  It's entirely possible
that the power consumption drops when it's locked and tracking.

Even at an average of 60 ma, that's still just half what the other units
draw.  Not too shabby.  And it fits perfectly in one of the elastic bands on
the shoulder strap of my CMC Rescue comm harness.

Scott
N1VG