[aprssig] Deluo GPS Lite altitude limit

Josh Keller jeepin95 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 23:19:41 EDT 2005

I can't tell you the limit, but I can tell you that mine is consistently
off by about 500' here in Portland, OR with good sat coverage. I
contacted support months ago when I got the thing and they said that it
wasn't designed to be vertically accurate. My first clue was that it
thinks I'm about -400' when in fact I am around 90' at my house. I know
it isn't just at my particular location, but I haven't gotten chance to
check and see if it is a steady value that could be compensated for. I
also know that my Meridian GPS, Magellan 315, and Garmin 12XL all
display the correct alt. +/- some small amount of error.

Josh