[aprssig] Restriction of public weather data

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Apr 21 19:33:03 EDT 2005

Been awfully quiet here today, thought I'd share this gem.  This has got to
be the dumbest thing I've seen all week:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/epaper/2005/04/21/m1a_wx_0421.html

This bill would prohibit the National Weather Service from 'competing' with
the likes of AccuWeather and the Weather Channel by (gasp) providing free
information to the taxpayers that fund it.

If this passes, I wonder if that means they'll have to shut down NOAA
Weather Radio and force us all to listen to the AM news and talk stations
instead...

Scott
N1VG