[aprssig] flying digipeater?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Apr 18 14:33:44 EDT 2005

on
> the new Polymer Lithium Ion chemistry. This is the highest energy density
> currently in production. Each cells outputs a nominal 3.7V at 2000mAh!
These
> cells come prepped with connection wires and require special charging. Do
> not attempt to charge these with anything but a specialized LIPION
charger.

> Dimensions: 0.15x2.1x3.3" (4.0x55x85mm)
> Weight: 39g (1.37oz)
> Documents: 2000mAh Datasheet

Digi-Key p/n 439-1016-ND is a (non-rechargable) Tadiran 3.6V AA, 2400mAh,
17.6g.  The D cells offer even better energy density, albeit at $18 each.
Since this would really be an emergency/contingency measure, I don't think
non-rechargable batteries would be a problem.  Plus, the shelf life is
great.

Scott
N1VG