[aprssig] FW: APRS server data corruption

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sun Apr 17 20:25:41 EDT 2005

Actually, this has nothing to do with Mic-E conversion.  It does have to
do with incorrect TNC settings.  The default settings for aprsD and the
KPC is to turn Filter ON.  This will mangle packets and is probably what
is causing this.  Have the IGate ensure that Filter is OFF.  As Steve
pointed out, the problem is not in the servers, rather it is in the
IGate.

A second known problem with the aprsD IGate is the handling of the DEL
character.  This problem is normally visible in western Europe where the
Mic-E packet will contain a DEL character because of the longitude.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net