[aprssig] Re: d700 miniDIN

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Apr 16 02:15:55 EDT 2005

scott at opentrac.org wrote:

>I discovered something interesting on my TM-271 - seems that the 1200 baud
>receive signal isn't fixed level.  I was running a tracker off of it and
>found that it wouldn't show the channel as busy with the volume down.  It's
>pretty easily fixed by using the squelch output instead, but I thought the
>mini-DIN signals were supposed to be standardized.

They are supposed to be.  Could you have hit the wrong pad on the PC
board while restoring the miniDIN I/O?

>Anyone seen this on other radios?
>
>Scott

.Looks like Kenwood screwed up on this one.

The levels on my Kenwoood D700,  TS-690, TS-711 and TS-811 are all
fixed. As are the outputs on my Yaesu FT-1500 2M and FT-100 allband/all
mode.

Stephen H. Smith             wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                   http://wa8lmf.com

New/Updated "Rev G" APRS     http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/aprs
Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: