[aprssig] (Win2k users take note) APRS-SCS version 1.16 ready for down load.

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Fri Apr 15 19:36:27 EDT 2005

Hi All
          aprs-scs version 1.16 is now ready for your down loading
pleasure. Please go to the following URL.
http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs

In the past I have received reports that the aprs-scs setup program
did not work with Win2k. I think I have fixed the problem by getting
rid of the setup program.  See below.

Version 1.16
Two changes.
One: Massaged the USGS map data. The mapdata.zip file is a lot
smaller.
Also the displaying of USGS maps is twice as fast.

Two: In the past I have received reports that the APRSscs setup
program did not
work with Win2k. This version hopefully fixes that problem. I say
hopefully because
I do not have Win2k to test it out on. What I have done is eliminated
the setup program.
Now it is a simple zip file. The zip file contains all the dll's that
APRSscs needs
to Run. See main APRSscs page for instructions on how to use this zip
file.

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs