[aprssig] Quick and dirty weather

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Fri Apr 15 12:45:22 EDT 2005

Scott... why not put teh kpc3 into it's MUTE mode.... where it can
assert radio port pin 8 when carrier is detected?  If your kpc3 is not a
plus model, tap a wire from the CD LED to pin 8 on radio connnector.
This can be used by the open tracker as a squelch indication.  Also,
they might both try to key the radio at the same time, so a diode OR
between the kpc3 PTT line and the MUTE line will cause the open tracker
to see kpc3's PTT as a busy signal too.  The kpc3 signals run open
collector and pull low to assert, so I'm willing to bet you'd need a
logic inverter for your open tracker's carrier detect circuit... but,
hey, I hear you are pretty close to the guy that wrote the open tracker,
so maybe you could convince him to invert the CD in software ;-)

This at least solves two of your three problems.

Wes