[aprssig] Re: Elimination of Directed First-Hop

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Apr 14 21:12:18 EDT 2005

Dennis,
If you are concerned about WIDE2-2 actually being 3
hops in your area where you have all UIDIGI ROM digis,
I wonder if there is not a way you can filter out the 3rd hop.

ANd since UIDIG has 8 UIDIGI settings, you should be
able to filter out most of theQRM from out of area.

Just put these in your ALIAS list:

WIDE2-1, WIDE3-1, WIDE3-2, WIDE4-1, WIDE4-2, WIDE4-4, WIDE5-5, WIDE6-6

This will trap abusers of 4-4, 5-5, 6-6, and 7-7 as is desired
under the New n-N paradigm, but it will also stop that last
extra hop on the WIDE3's and WIDE2's...

Check my work. I gotta run.
Bob