[aprssig] Cat5 jumpers for mic connections

Jim Andrews jim at stuckinthemud.org
Thu Apr 14 06:55:17 EDT 2005

I've used standard UTP patch leads to extend the Mic on my D700 (up to 5m),
never had an interference problem.

Head was extended using 2-pair phone cable, again with no problem. Did not
consider which pair I was using where, so maybe the clock and data were on
different pairs.

Unless you are going to be in an environment that you know to generate a lot of
interference, UTP is fine.

Jim