[aprssig] Re: Cat5 jumpers for mic connections

Dale Blanchard wa7ixk at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 14 02:04:23 EDT 2005

Shielded cat 5 cable is used in Europe, but I can not find it in USA,
altho Fry's carries the shielded connectors..
Cat 5 works because of the tight twist on the wire pairs. When using
isolation transformers you are using a balanced pair
that cancels interference. Parallel cable can cause problems, but only
if you have a problem.
Try it first and then fix it if a problem,
Same thing on vehicle grounding.