[aprssig] VOX to key up soundmodem?

Glenn Wiebe gswiebe at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 13 11:56:54 EDT 2005

A few years ago when I tried PSK I constructed a radio to sound card interface
using two Radio Shack transformers to go between my TS-440S and the pc. Whenever
I operated PSK I simply turned the VOX on and it worked fb. Of course my
microphone was not plugged in. I really am not crazy about using vox though, who
knows what the squeaks and squawks from the pc will be transmitted. And then
there is the matter of forgetting to turn the vox off when you're finished.

73 de Glenn...VE4GN