[aprssig] Rotate - APRS2.NET

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Tue Apr 12 14:22:36 EDT 2005

On Apr 12, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Bill Vodall wrote:

> The problem with that is:
>
> a.  ports are different.
> b.  user defined filters are not always supported.
>
> My hunch is that since the aprs2.net system is essentially
> based on the same software, which does support the user
> defined filters, then there is some chance that 14580 will
> work on all aprs2.net systems.

The core servers are also based on the same software, and have agreed
to share the same worldwide ports, so that rotate.aprs.net will work.
This is one of the important design features of the core servers.

You can get the unfiltered feed on port 23 or 10152 (23 is useful for
those behind firewalls that block non-standard ports) and 14580 is the
user specified filter port.

Each of the core servers also hassome different  ports available on an
individual basis, you can see what's available by connecting to the
status pages and scrolling down a couple blocks of information:

http://first.aprs.net:14501
http://second.aprs.net:14501
http://third.aprs.net:14501

Steve K4HG