[aprssig] Sample Digi-Ned ini file for the new no relay/widesystem

Gale D. Wilkinson gdwrbw at ftc-i.net
Mon Apr 11 15:07:41 EDT 2005

 From what I have been reading in the sig the last few days, I think it
can do most of the stuff that I have digi_ned doing.  As I remember
there were at least a couple of area not covered.  I am looking into
UI-Digi at this time to see about getting a working configuration that
is as close as possible to what I have digi_ned doing.  Of course, if
your digi site has the room for a computer (old and slow laptops are
especially good) and it not connecting to the internet, a single floppy
is all you need for the computer.  The next step up would probably be a
desktop type running Linux.  This can also be a fairly old/slow machine
as you would not need/want the gui interface.  In fact, I plan on trying
an old slow (PII-233) machine in the next few days to see just how low I
can go with the current Linux distros and still have a working digi
using digi_ned. The speed limitation is for the linux side of the house,
not digi_ned as digi_ned using a dos disk will work fine on a 486!

   Gale