[aprssig] firenet

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Apr 9 11:55:21 EDT 2005

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Wes Johnston wrote:

> I'm connected to firenet.us on port 10152 and keep getting disconnects.
> My client is xastir, and I'm set to auto-reconnect on failure, but it
> seems that every time I check, it's disconnected.  Xastir eventually
> reconnects like it should, but why does the link keep dropping?

Most likely you're overloading your internet link.  Try connecting
to port 14580 instead and set your filters to only snag what you
want to see.  Chances are your link will stay up.

I have the same problem on my slow dialup.  I can't connect to a
full firenet feed, and I think a full APRS-IS feed is iffy these
days too.  Firenet carries a lot more traffic than APRS-IS.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer