[aprssig] Paths and paradigms

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Apr 7 15:44:51 EDT 2005

         I just got home last night from a week on the road.  I'm starting
just how isolated I am going to be in the next months or years.  When I see
statements like

         "Drop the RELAY. The best path to use in the US is APRS,WIDE2-2"

         it really concerns me.  Basically, this person is saying that two
hops is enough anywhere in the entire US and I'm not sure it is.  I can
internet to anybody from here, but RF takes a bit more than two hops, and I
bet this isn't the only place.

         7 3
         Earl
         In eastern New Mexico, DM84, 200 miles ESE of Albuquerque

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info