[aprssig] how to implement 'No more relay' for dummies

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Wed Apr 6 13:10:51 EDT 2005

> While admittedly over-simplification, let me try my hand at condensing the
> considerate operating practices we all need to implement to improve
> throughput for all the users on our congested VHF APRS network.
>

> 1.  APRS USERS: Simply set your digipath to only WIDE2-2 (do not use any
> generic digipath containing any commas)

Yes! We could/should stop there. Hunt down and kill all the web
pages that say differently. When new users try to get things to work
and have problems, they will ask questions - and at that point,
they are open to be educated on the subtleties....

Tracking down the webpages that give bad/outdated advice would be
worth a lot. Not easy to do - well, finding them isn't hard
(just google "APRS") but getting the owners to do something about
them is.

73 de chris KG6VYD