[aprssig] New n-N settings for ui-digi

Tim Cunningham tim_cunningham at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 6 12:33:27 EDT 2005

Bruce,

I make bad assumptions all the time and I am probably making one here, but I
have to test it first.

Since UIFloodCall is "AL" and those packets are contained in the state I saw
no reason to turn on the ID to add any confusion at this point. I have not
fully tested the impact to our network by using the ID method for UIFlood
with the addition of WIDE1-1 in place of RELAY. Until I have time to test
it, I am inclined to leave it as it is at the moment because there is no
problem. This is specific to our network and the majority of digpeaters here
are UIDIGI which handle the paths correctly without bastardizing the path. I
can watch it count down from Ft Payne to Scottsboro to Huntsville starting
at AL3-3 to AL3-2 to AL3-1 just a it was originally intended. No ID
substitution will ever be present since the path is a pure "AL3-3" and there
is nothing to substitute in that path.

Has anybody tested the path "WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2" on a pure UIDIGI network to
see what it does? If I have time this afternoon I will set 3 digi's outward
to the ID method on a UIDIGI network to see the results. Basically, I need
to know what happens to the WIDE1-1 on a UIDIGI network when the ID method
is utilized. Then, I would consider the change. It is not broke here so I
have not tried to fix this particular issue. Some of our changes are
remotely set and some have updated UIDIGI EPROMS at this time with the
changes shown on the website.

Tim - N8DEU
Huntsville, Alabama