[aprssig] VB6 file open for APRS

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Tue Apr 5 21:30:39 EDT 2005

Hi Andrew
                  See below.
On 6 Apr 2005 at 10:35, Andrew Rich wrote:

> Anybody a guru on VB6 ?
>
> I am trying to open every log file in the LOGS directory of UI-VIEW
and
> reply to port 1448 (UI-VIEW server)
>
> For some reason when I open the log file, VB6 thinks a COMMA is a
> deliminator.
>
> Ideas ?
>
> Private Sub Command4_Click()
>
> Open "C:\Program Files\Peak Systems\UI-View32\LOGS\20040421.TXT"
For Input
> As #1
> Do While Not EOF(1)
> Input #1, myserial
change the above line to
Line Input#1, myserial
> List1.AddItem myserial
> Winsock1.SendData myserial & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10)
>
> Loop
Input#1 will read a text file and stop at each comma.
Line input#1 will read from the beginning of the line to the chr$(13)
myserial will contain each line in the log file.
Hope this helps.
Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs