[aprssig] how to implement 'No more relay' for dummies

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 16:49:07 EDT 2005

wa7nwp at jnos.org wrote:

>>How do we reach the (many) folks who don't read this list?
>>

>Send out an APRS bulletin....

The trouble is that this literally falls on deaf ears in the case of
dumb trackers like TinyTraks that don't receive.   And for that matter,
if I am not running the laptop with my D700, I never attempt to read
whatever makes the '700 burble and beep anyway.

I wonder if writing this summary up as a readable article, and then
distributing it via ARNS (Amateur Radio News Service) for inclusion in
countless local club newsletters might help.  My experience has been
that local newsletter editors are ALWAYS desparately looking for stuff
to fill a partial page in their pubications.

Stephen H. Smith             wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                   http://wa8lmf.com

New/Updated "Rev G" APRS     http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/aprs
Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: