[aprssig] Tracing SSn-N paths! WOW

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Tue Apr 5 16:36:00 EDT 2005

I think the main point here is that it looks like you're trying to
achieve a level of network accuracy that is second only to a purely
directed network.  We have done a lot to increase the accuracy and
capacity of the 144.39 channel in many areas of the country.  We also
worked hard to do it in such a way that the common users is not required
to have a masters degree in network design to run an APRS station.  I
think some of the proposals in the last week cross the line of what is
acceptable as far as dupes and accuracy is concerned and what is
understandable to the common user.  We will never completely eliminate
dupes, packet collisions, and 100% station-to-digi accuracy unless we
move beyond what the common APRS user can understand!

Bottom line - I think we have found the happy medium.

73
Phil - AD6NH