[aprssig] Traffic info in APRS

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Tue Apr 5 11:33:04 EDT 2005

I can see that incident data from CHP and other areas would be interesting.
I'm not sure that APRS really wants to get all the speed data - there
are a couple thousand loop sensors in the SF bay area, and they are
sampled and reported every 30 seconds. That's a lot of QRM.

In addition, the sensors aren't identified in any interesting manner -
the names are not a lot of use without a map. So there's a bunch of setup
involved to pick out the "interesting" ones.

But since I've brought the subject up ... if someone points me at example
code for adding objects of this type to APRS-IS, I'll take a shot at
putting some of the speed data into the system.

73 de chris KG6VYD