[aprssig] Changing RELAY-only digis to WIDE1-1

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Apr 5 09:36:03 EDT 2005

>>> jdw at eng.uah.edu 4/5/05 7:54:57 AM >>>
>>... [we] need to get RELAY out of ...our thinking...
>
>Once new n-n is 100% implemented, let us know...
>  I tried switching my mobile tracker to WIDE2-2 (instead of
> RELAY,WIDE2-2) just a few weeks ago, with a dramatic
> drop in coverage.

That's why we are excited about having come up with the
WIDE1-1 replacement.  It works just like RELAY used to
work, but does not generate all the dupes that the old RELAY
system did.    You dont have to wait for the New n-N
paradigm to take local advantage of it.  Just change your
local RELAY-only digis to WIDE1-1-only digis.  Done...
Works exactly the same...(but fewer dupes)...

Bob