[aprssig] BALLOON unproto paths

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 4 19:02:09 EDT 2005

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Joe Della Barba wrote:

> I operate airmobile frequently with a path of WIDE1-1 and WIDE2-2
> alternating on my TT. I get very good coverage at 1,000 feet and up. I would
> NEVER operate airmobile with RELAY in the path. Why not just use WIDE1-1 at
> high altitude and WIDE2-2 at low altitude?

Change that to WIDE2-1 at high altitude, WIDE2-2 at low altitude.

WIDE1-1 implements "RELAY" functionality, if the stuff discussed last
week on this list gets implemented.  We're going to try a test using
that new scheme shortly in the Seattle area.  My tracker just got
set up as "wide1-1,wide2-2" today.