[aprssig] The final WIDE2-1,WIDE1-1 solution!

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sat Apr 2 16:55:00 EST 2005

Ok, if I understand correctly:

If everyone with KPC's are running 3+'s with 9.0, it is ok (although
Kantronics has made claims before which have proven to be false, so I
personally would feel better if some independent tests were done).
8.3 could have issues with any substitution-only paths because of no
dupe checking on UIDigi.
8.2 (I can demonstrate this and it has been discussed before here)
breaks with any substitution on a UIFlood path.  This is important
because KPC 3's can only be upgraded to 8.2.

These are only at issue because the entire n-N paradigm is being
constructed because of poor implementations in the Kantronics TNC's.  As
to some lid out there coming up with some bizarre paths, there are a lot
more out there than you might think ;-).

One final "issue" with the WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 "solution" that came to me
this afternoon.  Hop counting on IGates could be impaired.  Even though
AE5PL-1,WIDE1,AE5PL-2,WIDE2* only went through 2 hops, it must be
assumed that it went through at least 3 hops.  Just one more thing to
think about.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net