[aprssig] USA to Brazil

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 14:48:17 EST 2005

Hello,

I am in Nicaragua, and we have just a few APRS users. In Nicaragua we
use 145.010Mhz for paket and ARS as ther are just a few users. I run a
digi in a mountain top but, it is currently off line due a antenna
problem. I need to obtain a pass to get to the digi, and I have trying
unsuccessfully to get it for the last two months. I am not sure when I
will be able to reapair it. I have been thinking on setting up an
IGATE, this may be a good oportunity.

In Costa Rica they use the same frequency as we do. They have an IGATE
in San José, run by Alberto Mata (TI3AMM).

Honduras uses the same frequency just for paket and uses 144.39Mhz for
APRS. As far as I know they have a IGATE too, but I don't know who run
it. Victor (HR1VOZ) is a very friendly and active packet/aprs user.
His e-mail is hr1voz at yahoo.com

When do you plan to travel?

Neville
YN1V