[aprssig] The final WIDE2-1,WIDE1-1 solution!

Greg Noneman greg at clubnet.net
Sat Apr 2 12:31:28 EST 2005

Pete,

I'm pretty sure that the dupe checking for UIFLOOD and UITRACE are the
same (compares checksum of source, destination and data fields).  This
applies to v 8.2 on the KPC 3 and v 8.3 of the KPC 3+.  The dupe
checking for everything else (including UIDIGI) is simply callsign
checking.

It is rumored that v 9.0, which is now available for the KPC 3+,
extends the checksum comparison to UIDIGI entries.  However the their
online documentation doesn't support this.  Probably the only way to
find out is to test it.  At this point, I'd be more inclined to upgrade
a TNC-2 with UIDIGI firmware (which has better dupe checking and
preemptive digipeating) than to invest in a new EPROM for a KPC 3.

73,
Greg
WB6ZSU