[aprssig] The final WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 solution!

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sat Apr 2 10:49:32 EST 2005

Truly I am not trying to rain on the parade but I haven't seen an answer
to the question that I posted yesterday:

"Was it determined if the KPC 3+ uses the same dupe checking for UIDigi
and UITrace as UIFlood or does it only look for it's call earlier on in
the path for UITrace and UIDigi?  If the latter, won't we end up with a
bunch of dupes again because of the various callsign substitutions?"
(slightly reworded)

I don't know the answer to the question.  I think this has been asked
before but I couldn't find an answer in the posts.  I am hoping that
they are handled the same as UIFlood so only 8.2 firmware and before
(where dupe checking is VERY broken) would be adversely affected.  But I
think this question needs to be answered before this configuration is
settled on.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net