[aprssig] The final WIDE2-1,WIDE1-1 solution!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 1 15:55:59 EST 2005

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> And now the New n-N Paradigm is complete!
>
> 1) WIDEn-N works everywhere for small values of N
> 2) The RELAY-DUPE and WIDE-DUPE problems are solved
> 3) We can still use fill-in digis
>
> and APRS paths are totally simplified to simply WIDEn-N
> and 2-2 for mobiles and the 1-1,2-1 options for those mobiles
> that think they need it..  Wow , what a day!

Yep!

Though please add the caveat that WIDE1-1 should only be used in the
FIRST path slot and no other.  Use WIDE2-1 in lieu of WIDE1-1 for
later slots so that the home digi's don't pick them up.

If WIDE1-1 is used in any of the 2nd to last slots it would be
similar to "WIDEn-N,RELAY", which we definitely don't want.