[aprssig] UI-View info and question question about path

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Apr 1 12:23:45 EST 2005

Dennis N2LBT wrote on 01/04/2005 9:00:15 AM PST

> I had wondered where that default of RELAY,WIDE3-3 was coming from on
> Ui-View stations.

Actually, that isn't the default. A newly installed copy of UI-View32 has APRS (the unproto address) entered as the default. It is up to the user to enter a path after that, ending up with something like APRS,WIDE2-2 when they are finished. UI-View will actually translate that to APU25N (at least for UI-View32 v2.3 - it's documented in the help) when it goes out on RF.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH