[aprssig] APRS on expedition, but non ham?

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 31 23:57:42 EST 2004

I don't know if you received any discouraging replies
to this suggestion but here is mine.

If you did this in the United States it would be
illegal.  An unlicensed operator can't operate amateur
transmitting equipment.

A control operator who has a license must be in a
position to turn off or alter the operation of an
amateur station transmitter.

You can't use equipment that requires a license if no
one carrying it doesn't also carry the license.

Let me know if I misunderstood your post.

Chris
KB8UIH