[aprssig] Re: Worst Path of the Day

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 28 21:04:45 EDT 2004

Scott,
You persist in telling me that trackers don't have
receive capability.  I am not arguing with you about
how they work.

I want to know why do people run transmit only
devices?

Where are those operators going to look for their
transmitted data later?

If the Digis beaconed or messages were sent
specifically to those trackers, stating the desired
packet path for that area, the web page those ops go
look at later would be able to display the messages or
beacons sent by others as well wouldn't they?

Other than somehow limiting what a digi passes, user
education is a big answer to make sure APRS ops don't
abuse the local network.

I don't know how to make that happen.

Thanks,
Chris