[aprssig] Re: Worst Path of the Day

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 28 19:56:37 EDT 2004

Hello Joe,
The rest of my post would have given more intent of my
post.  The answer that you have given me is that
tracker operators do look for the data somewhere to
show their postion, progress on a trip or some other
reason(s).  You have a web page dedicated to your boat
for your APRS use.

That way they will see if a WIDE 2-2 path is enough to
reach an Igate or if they need to incrementally
increase the path by one or two.

But, to set up a transmitter to WIDE 7-7 is completely
overkill and that was the reason for my post.

Thanks,
Chris
KB8UIH