[aprssig] Re: Worst Path of the Day

Norm McMillan njmcmillan at bigpond.com
Wed Oct 27 19:53:40 EDT 2004

Chris Rose wrote:
> And none of them have any other APRS rigs at all and
> won't see the beacons?
>
> Findu would show the info if it was sent wouldn't it?
>
> The tracker guys are going to look at something to
> view their journey somewhere?
>
> Why do tracker guys just have trackers?  Who is
> looking at their data?
>
> Chris
> KB8UIH
>
> --- Scott Miller <scott at opentrac.org> wrote:

I'll tell you why!!!

I for one, often work "out Bush" (an Austrailianism for way remote)
hundreds of miles from help, habitation and humanity. It is helpful and
reassuring for my family to see my icon show exactly where I am, even if
only a couple of times a day when ISS is in digipeat mode.

To further enhance my safety and family's peace of mind I'm setting up a
VHF digi and an HF gateway to improve the coverage and reliability.Lots
of eyes and ears on the internet increase the chance of someone spotting
me if I get into trouble... people die out here!!!

Not only that, but also it's a hobby. people do it 'cause they enjoy it.
It is after all, APRS... Amateur (or Automatic) Position Reporting System.
--
Norm, VK2XCI,
Voice of The Edge of The Outback.