[aprssig] The New N-N paradigm CAN WORK

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Oct 27 15:08:00 EDT 2004

Steve,
we also still have lots of WIDE only digis in Maryland....
(but they do support RELAY also) so the user does get
out one hop always.  But thanks. Ill say
"almost everywhere"...

On 10/27/04 at 2:31 PM Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> sent:

>MOBILES:  All mobiles everywhere can still use the
>   original APRS default of RELAY,WIDE2-2 to get out
>   up to 3 hops *everywhere*.  If they are in an area
>    that does not support WIDEn-N, then those digis
>   will simply do call substitution on the WIDE2-2 part
>   for a 2 hop path.

Not true, in the Keys the digis do not support anything except WIDE,
not
WIDEn-n, WIDE2-2, or RELAY, nor are there home users to respond to
RELAY over
the vast majority of the Keys.

Perhaps this isn't enough to torpedo your plans, but it is enough that
you
should drop the *everywhere* ;-)

Steve K4HG