[aprssig] Worst Path of the Day

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Oct 27 13:56:23 EDT 2004

>>> k4hg at tapr.org 10/27/04 11:16:03 AM >>>
> this filtering without education is a poor solution. If the
>thesis that findU is the goal of the users is true, and a
>user running a bad path looks on findU and doesn't
>see himself, what will he do?

I think something was missed here.  He -will- be on FINDU,
but his position will -not- be displayed on a map and
the map will instead show something like:

"This position arrived at FINDU via a path that is too long and
considered in appropriate on the APRS RF system."  For
more information on the proper use of paths please see:
     http://educational-web-bage...

>This filtering method gives no education to the users,
>and no way for me or anyone else to help identify the
>problem.

I think the original proposal was not a "filter" but a
witholding of the FINDU "viewing" ability from those
users that are abusing RF as a means of getting positive
feedback to them.

It is that positive feedback to the user that is so important
and what is so frustrating about transmit-only trackers
some of which could care less about the RF network as
long as their packets make it to FINDU...

Just a thought.
Bob