[aprssig] worst path of the day

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Oct 26 09:40:03 EDT 2004

And the winner for the worst path of the day is KC5YHQ-2:

Data path: APU25N,W5ENL,N4IDX-7,KE4ROC-7*,WIDE7,TRACE,RELAY

Why do digis, especially high-site digis with big ears, forward packets
with excessively long paths?  Yes, I know there are areas where someone
might "need" a wide5-5, but that's rare.

I also noticed 3 different mobile stations with WIDE5-5 paths.
Coincidentally, all were 18 wheeler icons.

-Jason
kg4wsv

(Yes, I did try to contact the individual.  The email address listed at
QRZ bounced, and callsign at arrl failed, too.)